That was the look of somebody resigned to being the monster they knew they wereCaitlin Starling, the luminous dead
This episode is brought to you by:
Oblivion Black by Darren Floyd
Boneyard Soup Magazine: support the kickstarter HERE
Shaun from YouTube channel Eclectic Cove joins me to discuss books you might enjoy based on your Netflix binges and love of other properties. If you’ve been coping with 2020 by watching hours upon hours of The X-Files, you are going to want to listen to this episode! We recommend some horror community darlings, some under-the-radar indie horror titles, some Kindle Unlimited horror, and some adventure horror books!
- Terror is Our Business: Dana Roberts Casebook of Horrors by Joe R. Lansdale and Kasey Lansdale
- Bent Heavens by Daniel Kraus
- Unidentified: Mythical Monsters, Alien Encounters, and Our Obsession with the Unexplained by Colin Dickey
- Dear Laura by Gemma Amor
- The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling
- Dhampir by Barb and J.C. Hendee – Book 1 of The Noble Dead
- Blood Gospel by James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell – Book 1 of The Order of the Sanguine
- Steve Berry (Cotton Malone series)
- Cold Cuts by Robert Payne Cabeen
- Kill Creek by Scott Thomas
- Ararat by Christopher Golden
- Pandora Room by Christopher Golden
Shaun picked Unleashed by Epica. Check it out here!
How to support Books in the Freezer
We are on Patreon! Check us out! There’s a lot of fun going on in the Patreon community. At the Final Girl level you can get episodes early and find out about topics and guests beforehand. Axe-Wielding Maniacs get to be part of a Voxer group chat and join in Netflix movie nights. Malevolent Spirits get everything that’s been mentioned and bonus episodes!
Do you use Amazon? Use the podcast link when you make any purchases, for an easy way to support the podcast! The links for this episode are using the podcast affiliate link.
Are you a fan of audiobooks?
Libro FM is a great way to listen to audiobooks and support your local bookstore! You can use code FREEZERBOOK at checkout and you can get TWO audiobooks for the price of one ($14.99)! It’s a great deal and a great way to be a part of supporting local businesses