It really feels like 2021 just started, but also like it’s almost over. There are still a lot of great horror books on the way. This episode is about what you should pre-order or request from your library.
This episode is brought to you by, Perpetual Dread by Brian Bowyer. Check out the collection here
- All’s Well by Mona Awad
- The Dead and the Dark by Courtney Gould
- When the Reckoning Comes by LaTanya McQueen
- The Woods are Always Watching by Stephanie Perkins
- August’s Eyes by Glenn Rolfe
- Chasing the Boogeyman by Richard Chizmar
- My Heart is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones
- Red X by David Demchuck
- Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Small Town Monsters by Diana Rodriguez Wallach
- Slewfoot by Brom
- White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson
- When Things Get Dark: Stories Inspired by Shirley Jackson edited by Ellen Datlow
- Horseman: A Tale of Sleepy Hollow by Christina Henry
- Last House on Needless Street by Catriona Ward
- Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo
- Cackle by Rachel Harrison
- The Gold Persimmon by Lindsay Merbaum
- The Forest by Lisa Quigley
- This Thing Between Us by Gus Moreno
- The Death of Jane Lawrence by Caitlin Starling
- Nothing But Blackened Teeth by Cassandra Khaw
- Comfort Me With Apples by Catherynne M. Valente
- The Hidden by Melanie Golding
- Valancourt Book of World Horror Stores Vol. 2
How to support Books in the Freezer
We are on Patreon! Check us out! There’s a lot of fun going on in the Patreon community. At the Final Girl level you can get episodes early and find out about topics and guests beforehand. Axe-Wielding Maniacs get to be part of a Voxer group chat and join in Netflix movie nights. Malevolent Spirits get everything that’s been mentioned and bonus episodes!
Do you use Amazon? Use the podcast link when you make any purchases, for an easy way to support the podcast! The links for this episode are using the podcast affiliate link.
Are you a fan of audiobooks?
Libro FM is a great way to listen to audiobooks and support your local bookstore! You can use code FREEZERBOOK at checkout and you can get TWO audiobooks for the price of one ($14.99)! It’s a great deal and a great way to be a part of supporting local businesses