I was joined by author Rachel Harrison to talk about her latest novel, Cackle. We talk about what scares us, the importance of female friendships and how Disney movies might have messed us up more than horror ever could.
- Cackle by Rachel Harrison
- The Veil by Rachel Harrison
- The Return by Rachel Harrison
- The Shining by Stephen King
- Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas
- Lakewood by Megan Giddings
- Bunny by Mona Awad
- Ghost Wall by Sarah Moss
- The Remaking by Clay McLeod Chapman
- Whisper Down the Lane by Clay McLeod Chapman
- Build Your House Around My Body by Violet Coopersmith
- The Pisces by Melissa Broder
Rachel picked Brit Pop song “Girl Power” by Shampoo as her Final Girl Song . Check it out here!
How to support Books in the Freezer
We are on Patreon! Check us out! There’s a lot of fun going on in the Patreon community. At the Final Girl level you can get episodes early and find out about topics and guests beforehand. Axe-Wielding Maniacs get to be part of a Voxer group chat and join in Netflix movie nights. Malevolent Spirits get everything that’s been mentioned and bonus episodes!
Do you use Amazon? Use the podcast link when you make any purchases, for an easy way to support the podcast! The links for this episode are using the podcast affiliate link.
Are you a fan of audiobooks?
Libro FM is a great way to listen to audiobooks and support your local bookstore! You can use code FREEZERBOOK at checkout and you can get TWO audiobooks for the price of one ($14.99)! It’s a great deal and a great way to be a part of supporting local businesses