“You can check out anytime you’d like, but you can never leeeeaaaave”
Jocelyn joins me once again to help me tackle the subject of hotel horror. What’s so scary about hotels? Is it the being away from home? Is it the idea that you don’t know who’s there with you? Is it the idea that someone could be watching you?
- The Return by Rachel Harrison
- Horror Hotel by Victoria Fulton and Faith McClaren
- The Nightly Disease by Max Booth III
- The Summer Job by Adam Cesare
- The Last by Hanna Jameson
- The Grand Hotel by Scott Kenemore
- Security by Gina Wohlsdorf
- Deadfall Hotel by Steve Rasnic Tem
- Creepers by David Morrell
- The Resort by Bentley Little
- Psycho (trilogy) by Robert Bloch
- When the Reckoning Comes by LaTanya McQueen
- A Certain Hunger by Chelsea G. Summers
- Tender is the Flesh by Agustine Bazterrica
- Nightbitch by Rachel Yoder
Final Girl Song
Jocelyn picked “666” by Anvil for her third final girl song. Really getting into those kids with bikes vibes. Check it out here!
How to support Books in the Freezer
We are on Patreon! Check us out! There’s a lot of fun going on in the Patreon community. At the Final Girl level you can get episodes early and find out about topics and guests beforehand. Axe-Wielding Maniacs get to be part of a Voxer group chat and join in Netflix movie nights. Malevolent Spirits get everything that’s been mentioned and bonus episodes!
Do you use Amazon? Use the podcast link when you make any purchases, for an easy way to support the podcast! The links for this episode are using the podcast affiliate link.
Are you a fan of audiobooks?
Libro FM is a great way to listen to audiobooks and support your local bookstore! You can use code FREEZERBOOK at checkout and you can get TWO audiobooks for the price of one ($14.99)! It’s a great deal and a great way to be a part of supporting local businesses